Undertaking a bathroom renovation can be an exciting and rewarding experience that allows you to create your own personalised space. There are so many options - from a practical family bathroom to a private sanctuary where you can wash away your worries. Your bathroom is your space. In order to turn your dream bathroom into a reality you will need to employ the services of an architect, designer or bathroom renovator depending on what you want to achieve.
When looking for someone to help with your bathroom renovation it is important that you select people who not only understand your vision but can enhance it. There are some average architects, designers and bathroom renovators who will strongly advise you against something simply because it means more work for them. There are good architects, designers and bathroom renovators who will create the bathroom space you dream of. Then there are GREAT architects, designers and bathroom renovators who will go above and beyond combining your ideas and their expert knowledge and experience to create a bathroom that encapsulates everything you wanted and more.
Architects, designers and bathroom renovators who keep up to date with current trends in product design, product technology and bathroom design are able to pass this information on to you and you can use their knowledge and experience to your advantage to create your dream bathroom.
They are also be able to assess what is practical and what is not in your vision for your dream bathroom and make suggestions accordingly. There is no use having an architect, designer or bathroom renovator create your vision exactly if it is impractical and will cause you frustration once the bathroom has been completed.
Check list for selecting an architect, designer or bathroom renovator:
- Do they have references and photo's of work done previously?
- When you spoke to them about your vision - did they listen, ask questions to clarify anything and offer suggestions to enhance your vision?
- Did they tell you, you couldn't do something and give you a valid reason why? If so did another architect, designer, builder or plumber confirm this?
- How many jobs do they have going at one time?
- Will they guarantee a time frame for completion?
- Were they approachable and easy to communicate with?